Because Creative Writing is NOT JUST ABOUT STORIES. It is also about:
➢ Content Creating
➢ Media, Communication and Journalism
➢ Script-writing and Editing
➢ Conveying ideas in purely technical areas
➢ Public Speaking
➢ Building overall relationships
➢ WHOLESOME GROWTH & CONFIDENCE
Forming the Basis of Creativity with CORE Skills
➢ One-Hour Sessions twice a week
➢ 8 Sessions
➢ INTRODUCTION : Forming the Basis of Creativity with CORE Skills
➢ Framework of Creative Writing
➢ Enabling imagination with brainstorming
➢ Fine-tuning Language : The Role of
✓ Metaphors and Similes
✓ Styles and Descriptive Imagery
✓ Dialogue and Quotation
➢ Twist-in-Tale with Conflict and Genre experimentation
➢ Understanding the FAT BEE Technique
➢ Prompts, Experience-based sharing and Writing Assignments
➢ WriteAids and the REAL Checklist
DURATION: 4 WEEKS- 2 HOURS EACH WEEK
SESSION 1 Introduction (Importance of CORE Skills and Framework of Creative Writing).
SESSION 2 Brainstorming with Participant ideas and Structure in a story.
SESSION 3 LANGUAGE Role of Metaphors and Similes/ Personification/ Alliteration/ Styles/Description/ Dialogue and Quotation.
SESSION 4 Twist-in-Tale /Conflict/ Experimenting with genre.
SESSION 5 Prompts/ Practice/Short Assignment.
SESSION 6 Understanding Behaviour for the better expression ‘The FAT BEE Technique’.
SESSION 7 Experience-based sharing, explaining which genre and tone they belong to/writing.
SESSION 8 The REAL Checklist (Read, Edit, Analyse, Learn)
- Anecdote Sharing for interaction and fluency
SESSION 9 How to get your works published
SESSION 10 Interaction with Guest Author
- Age group 8-11 and 12-15 years old
- Minimum 15 registrations per school.
- Fees: 1500 per participant inclusive of GST.
- Dates will be mutually agreed upon with the schools.
- The written assignments will be published as an e-book for onward distribution among all students of the school/school group.
- Sessions will be conducted through the Zoom platform
- 10% of the fee collected can be retained by the school for administration expenses
- Participating school should appoint a Single Point of Contact for the program
- Schools also have the option to combine with other group schools/school network in case the number of participants is less than 15